Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Breakfast for Lunch & A Meme

At my house, it is not unusual to have breakfast foods (i.e. pancakes, cereal) for dinner, which is exactly what I did for lunch today. My main dish was Peace Cereal's Wild Berry Crisp cereal with a small box of Rice Dream non-dairy milk. For dessert, I enjoyed a Cranberry Pecan Bakery Bar from Harvest Lark.

And when I say I enjoyed it, I mean I really adored it. However, these yummy bars are not vegan (they contain honey & eggs) or gluten-free. On the other hand, they are made in Kansas from locallt-grown wheat and are absolutely delicious. It feels good to know that I am supporting a local business while enjoying a really tasty, healthy treat.

I was tagged by the lovely Maggie over at Healthy Yums. Unfortunately, I do not have time to pass this on due to a busy schedule. If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged!

  • Last Movie I Saw In A Movie Theater? I honestly don’t remember.
  • What Book Are You Reading? Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.
  • Favorite Board Game? I’ve never played one that I haven’t liked.
  • Favorite Magazine? I like Elle.
  • Favorite Smells? Fresh lilac. Pancake batter. Orange juice. Waffles cooking.
  • Favorite Sounds? Leaves rustling gently in the wind. Nature. Water.
  • Worst Feeling In The World? Unworthiness.
  • First Thing You Think of When You Wake? The upcoming day.
  • Favorite Fast Food Place? I don’t like fast food very much, but I do work at Culver’s so I guess I’d say Culver’s.
  • Future Child’s Name? I don’t want to have children.
  • Finish This Statement—“If I Had a Lot of Money,” I have lots of money.
  • Do You Drive Fast? I would, but I only have my permit.
  • Do You Sleep With a Stuffed Animal? No, not anymore.
  • Storms—cool or scary? Incredibly cool.
  • What Was Your First Car? It will probably be my dad’s black Oldsmobile Alero.
  • Favorite Drink? Warm tea on a snowy day.
  • Finish This Statement—“If I Had the Time, I Would…” I do have time.
  • Do You Eat the Stems on Broccoli? Yes! I love broccoli.
  • If You could Dye your Hair Any Other Color, What Would It Be? I wouldn’t. I like my hair. It is dark and curly.
  • Name All the Different Cities In Which You Have Lived. Richmond, Greensville, Birmingham, Olathe.
  • Favorite Sport to Watch? It varies.
  • One Nice Thing About The Person Who Sent This To You. She always posts about colorful, interesting food.
  • What’s Under Your Bed? My clothes – I have a captain’s bed.
  • Would You Like to Be Born As Yourself Again? Yes.
  • Morning Person or Night Owl? Both!
  • Over Easy or Sunny Side Up? Scrambled.
  • Favorite Place to Relax? Anywhere. Relaxation is portable, you know.
  • Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? I like them all.

20 comments:

talieworld  

I haven't had breakfast for lunch/ dinner in ages! I definetely want to have pancakes for dinner tomarrow now :)

talieworld  

I haven't had breakfast for lunch/ dinner in ages! I definetely want to have pancakes for dinner tomarrow now :)

Virginia  

I often make breakfast for dinner because in the morning I am often not in the mood to cook things such as pancakes, waffles, tofu scrambles, etc. Anytime is a good time for pancakes!

noobcook  

hehe, catchy title ;) this is so healthy n wholesome, good for any meal

Isle Dance  

Oh, YUMMY!!! :o)

shelby  

MMM, Now I want pancakes for dinner =)


Aren't you LOVING Twilight???I'm obsessed with the books. I read all 4 in one week =)

Vij  

Hi ya
This is my first time here... U have a lovely space...
Nice post n loved reading ur ME-ME.

I am pretty new to this blogging world...jus popped in to say my hi

That Girl  

I love peaches with my salad!

just me  

that bar sounds/looks so good!

Hey Harriet  

Sadly we don't get those particular Bakery Bars over here. The combo of cranberry & pecan sounds tasty! Loved your tag answers. They made me giggle :)

eatingbender  

I'm in love with the Twilight series! I've got 1/2 a book left in the series and I'm planning on finishing it tomorrow :o)

That cranberry pecan bar looks really tasty!

flower  

I have breakfast for lunch all the time, its so easy and filling, the pecan and cranberry bar looked lovely too :)

Prudy  

I love the look of your boxed lunch/breakfast. That's way more gorgeous than the PB and J of my youth.

Pam  

I love breakfast for dinner but I haven't really ever had it for lunch - I don't know why.

I just finished the Twilight series - they are great books.

Joanna  

that cranberry pecan bar looks amazing. when i think of pecans, i always think of sweet potatoes. your lunch is really cute by the way. i usually just throw things in a plastic bag and call it good.

Alexa  

I am always happy to have breakfast food for any meal. It was nice getting to know you a little better by reading your answers to the meme. Have a great weekend!

Simply...Gluten-free  

When I was a child I only had eggs or french toast or pancakes for a light supper on SUnday nights, never for breakfast. Loved your meme.

Dee  

I'd be happy having breakfast for lunch and dinner. Can't seem to manage it for breakfast though.

I can't get over how healthy your diet is. I really need to get my act together :(

HangryPants  

V. good point about relaxation!

Ah - Mark has a captain's bed, too.

Anonymous  

So, even though the links of london wedding attire is given the prime links jewellery focus, it is important to look into links of london uk issues like the choice of hair and make-up, cheap links of london shoes that compliment the attire and links london jewellery other such seemingly trivial yet very cheap watch charm important details.Things to Look Out for friendship bracelets by choosing, shoes that compliment your sweetie bracelets uk wedding attire perfectly. Make sure to not only Links london Chains focus on the look of the shoe but to also pay links london pendants attention to the material of the shoe.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP