Sunday, June 1, 2008

Short & Sweet

This morning I made gluten-free vegan blueberry muffins from Gluten-free, Sugar-free Cooking. There are a lot of great recipes in that cookbook. The muffins had a nice, crumbly texture and were not too sweet. I used sorghum flour & added extra blueberries. (I like lots of fruit in my baked goods.)

The reason I didn't post the other is because our Internet (and TV, for that matter) wouldn't connect. A lightning strike on Friday messed up all of the AT&T systems the street.

I'll post again soon, with an original recipe and maybe some jewelry. (I finally got my eBay beads in the mail!) I promise I don't only do breakfast stuff - I'll get some lunch/dinner/dessert/snack things on here sometime. Other events to look forward to: we might have raspberries soon...and I have an interview at Culver's this afternoon. I know that the place kind of goes against my beliefs about food, but I'm looking for $$$ this summer, and my two other part-time jobs at my neighbor's, filing and cleaning their pool (maybe 1-3 hrs./wk?) aren't keeping me as busy as I'd expected. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Rose  

I love lots of fruit in my muffins as well!

As far as what inspired me to go vegan, I think it was Jennifer's blog Vegan Lunchbox as well as Dr. Neal Barnard's Food for Life (the first few pages were enough to convince me!). I also recommend The China Study even though it's pretty long and reads almost like a textbook.

ChocolateCoveredVegan  

Good luck with the interview! And I hope you DO get some raspberries soon-- nothing's better than freshly-picked raspberries.

As for your question on my blog-- I don't know what I'm going to do with my degree, but I've thought about translation/editing or teaching in an inner-city school, since I really want to help people. But I still don't know what I want to "be whenn I grow up" even though I'm already 21! Yikes! What about you?

I've gotten to travel the world because my dad is in International Insurance. If you want to go all over the world, seriouslyconsider becoming the president of an intl. insurance company-- I think he's gone to over 100 countries!

LizNoVeggieGirl  

great muffins!!

I saw your comment on my blog: Thank you for your kind words!! As for the nut-butter, click on the link that I provided with the words "orange-almond-butter" (in my post), to find the online store where I purchase all of my nut-butters :0)

fruity  

yum yum, raspberries and blueberries!! I have a tough time picking a favrorite berry...

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP